APAN: A Peaceful Warrior Adventure
"Discovering the Hidden School" with Dan Millman
Join Dan on the journey of a lifetime! Wing your way to the Land of the Rising Sun where you will discover the spiritual treasures of Japan -- the serenity, simplicity, natural beauty, balance and spirit of the peaceful warrior's way.
Your Seminar with Dan:
This 12-day journey begins a new phase of Dan's teaching work: Rather than offer rote, pre-set topics, he will apply a living, interactive approach, addressing whatever topics that best serve your interests and growth in the moment. You may be surprised by the variety, clarity, and depth of topics covered, which may include:
* Japan, Zen, and the heart of the spiritual journey
* Moving between the worlds
* The power of reality (a de-programming experience)
* The arc of energy - a transpersonal meditation
* A warrior's meditation
* Naikan—the three questions that change lives
* Open forums on topics of interest
* and much more!
Daily presentations will range from short talks to several-hour occasions. As Dan says, "The words are there to support the experience."
And what an experience it will be! You will return to everyday life with new perspectives on living and a deeper understanding of your place in the world. You will have found the “hidden school” (the only place you will ever be found), along with a map for living a full and functional life on planet earth – with your head in the clouds and feet in the ground.
An Intimate Community of Peaceful Warriors:
Meet and share with like-minded souls and good-hearted companions as you explore the "hidden school" – sacred sites and power places that mirror the secrets within your own heart.
The journey begins in Kyoto, site of the ancient government and religious capital. Your six days in this fascinating city include the following sites and experiences:
* Katsura Rikyu garden, Japan's consummate landscape environment
* Ryoanji, world famous sand garden—the essence of Zen
* Kinkakuji, the Golden Pavilion, steeped in history and mystery
* The Royal Palace – exquisite art and sacred architecture
* Nijo Castle of Shogun Tokugawa, with a “nightingale floor” to warn of ninja assassins
* Kendo training, one of the Zen arts of bushido—and (if permission is granted) have a chance to heft the shinai (bamboo sword) yourself
* Nara's Naikan Center, where you may meet one of Dan's foremost mentors, then practice a unique form of self-reflection that can change the course of your life
* The world's largest Buddha at Todaiji Temple
* Zen meditation in temples steeped in sacred traditions
* Kyomizu-dera – Clear Water Temple, founded in 798 by a great samurai, Tamamaro
* Gion-san, a temple dedicated to the Shinto god of Medicine and healing
Next, journey by the shinkansen, the streamlined "bullet-train," to the foothills Mt. Fuji, the soul of Japan. In this lake and forest region surrounding the mountain, along with peaceful warrior gatherings, you'll be able to:
* Luxuriate in revitalizing mineral springs—a traditional Japanese bath
* Bicycle or hike spectacular trails
* Experience the meditative Zen tea ceremony (cha-do or cha no yu), a practice reflecting the samurai ideal of serenity
* Take a sunrise hike up one of Fuji-san magnificent trails
* And much more!
Dan chose Japan as the destination because – in his words – "We are an inseparable part of our environment. Just as we can change our surroundings, our surroundings can change us. And this journey to the heart of Japanese culture serves to refresh our spirits and nourish our souls, providing a needed antidote to the pace of modern life and technology."
Travel Program Dates: Thursday, April 10 - Monday, April 21, 2008. (Depending on flights schedules, the departure date for this 12-day program could shift by one or two days.)
Cost of the Japan Adventure $7,900* includes: international roundtrip airfare (U.S. West Coast to/from Osaka, Japan), airport transfers, hotel accommodations (double occupancy) in deluxe/tourist first-class/tourist class hotels, breakfast daily, transportation within Japan on first class buses, tourist class bullet train from Kyoto to Mt. Fuji area roundtrip, extensive sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary, experienced and knowledgeable English-speaking Japanese guides sensitive to the spiritual focus of this group, entrance fees to the sites visited, including special permission entrances to ancient Kyoto Palace, and the Katsura Ryki garden, specially arranged self-reflection experience of Naikan at Japan's Center, two visits to a special hotsprings/spa, tea ceremony, biking or hiking (your choice), special intensive seminars and meditations with Dan Millman, and more.
*Dan receives less than 7% of total cost for his teaching fees; Power Places also earns a percentage; most of the cost goes for air travel, quality accommodations, special events and services
This unique international travel program is expected to fill.
To see Dan's current event schedule, please click here